It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:33 am

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Portamus (discounted) info 
Site Admin

Post Portamus (discounted) info
WHAT IS A HIPPOTIZER PORTAMUS?

Hippotizer Portamus is the laptop version of Hippotizer V4. Hippotizer Portamus is the full Hippotizer V4 software, running on a specific model of MacBook Pro and
Bootcamp, Portamus makes Hippotizer V4 portable.
DOES HIPPOTIZER RUN ON OSX?
Hippotizer V4 must run on Windows 8.1 or 10 installed with Bootcamp onto the MacBook. By using globally available hardware and a proven platform in the MacBook
Pro, we hope to provide an easily attainable and reliable solution.

WHICH MODEL OF MACBOOK PRO CAN I USE FOR MY HIPPOTIZER PORTAMUS?
• 15” MacBook Pro with AMD Graphics card
• Option of either 512GB or 1TB Drive
CAN I USE ANY OTHER MACHINE TO MAKE A HIPPOTIZER PORTAMUS?

Green Hippo must ensure that the hardware can run the Hippotizer software. Modern high end laptops use switchable graphics that frequently do not allow Hippotizer
software to run correctly. For this reason only the 15” MacBook Pro with AMD graphics can be used as a Hippotizer Portamus.
WHERE DO I YOU BUY THE HARDWARE FROM?

Purchase the MacBook Pro through your preferred Apple reseller. Green Hippo does not sell the MacBook Pro.
WHERE DO I PURCHASE THE HIPPOTIZER PORTAMUS SOFTWARE FROM?
The Hippotizer software, including stock content and license keys can be purchased from your local Hippotizer distributor. This is a kit containing stock content on a USB
drive, Hippotizer software and instructions for installation.
WHAT IS INCLUDED WITH THE HIPPOTIZER PORTAMUS KIT?
• USB drive with Stock content and Hippotizer software and a Portamus accessory kit
• License key for running V4
• Guide for installing Bootcamp and Windows
• Instructions for installing Hippotizer
• Instructions for optimising the system for maximum playback
• Acronis software to back-up and restore the system if required
• Green Hippo goodies.
DOES GREEN HIPPO INSTALL BOOTCAMP AND WINDOWS ON THE MACHINE?

The customer must install Bootcamp on Windows onto the MacBook. Green Hippo will include a guide to assist with this process as part of the Portamus kit.
DOES THE HIPPOTIZER PORTAMUS SUPPORT SHAPE?

The Hippotizer Portamus runs the full V4 software so can be used to configure SHAPE or as an output node.
WHAT KIND OF PERFORMANCE CAN I EXPECT FROM A HIPPOTIZER PORTAMUS?

The Hippotizer approved MacBook Pro specs differ in CPU speed and storage. The lower spec MacBook allows multiple layers of 4K playback, depending on setup. The
overall performance is similar to a Hippotizer Amba.
DOES IT MATTER WHICH SPECFICIATION OF MACBOOK PRO I BUY?

The CPU speed does not make a large difference in Hippotizer performance, however the storage space may become important. As the hard drive in the MacBook Pro
can not be upgraded, it is important to consider future requirements when choosing drive size.
HOW MANY OUTPUTS DOES A HIPPOTIZER PORTAMUS HAVE?

The MacBook has two Thunderbolt ports, one can be used for video output up to 4K @60hz and the other for networking. Alternatively, the machine has an HDMI port,
that can be used to output video. One video output may be used at a time.
DOES THE HIPPOTIZER PORTAMUS SUPPORT SPLITTERS?

The Hippotizer Portamus allows for the use of Display Port based splitters such as the Linx. Alternatively, via Display Port to DVI Dual Link (DVI-DL) adaptor standard DVI
splitters will also work such as Datapath X4.
DOES THE HIPPOTIZER PORTAMUS RUN HIPPOTIZER V3?

The Hippotizer Portamus only runs Version 4 software.
CAN I USE THE HIPPOTIZER PORTAMUS TO RUN SOFTWARE OTHER THAN HIPPOTIZER V4?

Green Hippo strongly recommends only using a Portamus as a media server to ensure system stability. Installing un-tested 3rd party software raises the possibility of
introducing software and hardware conflicts that could reduce performance or cause undesired behaviour. In the case where the Portamus user is seeking help, Green
Hippo support may require the customer to delete all installed programs or re-install Windows as part of the repair process.
WHAT KIND OF WARRANTY IS OFFERED?

Hippotizer software support is offered for the life of the system by way of Hippotizer Distributors based on where the system has been purchased. Email and telephone
support is also available directly from Green Hippo based in the US and UK as laid out in our Service Level Agreement.
The Hippotizer V4 software comes with a 3 year Software Assurance policy, during which time the customer will be given, free of charge, periodic software updates.
After this period the Hippotizer software will continue to function as before, however further updates will need to be purchased.
Green Hippo offers no hardware warranty on the Hippotizer Portamus; you should purchased Apple Care through Apple or its agents.

Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:04 am
Profile E-mail
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]