It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 pm

Midi from ZooKeeper 

Post Midi from ZooKeeper
Hello!
I did ask before, almost 2 years ago about the possibility to run a simple midi fader control that are connected to
the laptop with my zookeeper, this seems still not work and as you know I bought a Critter more for just this, not the cheapest way.
I was told that it was coming, but now in 3.1 it is not there yet , and I wonder if this is going to be implanted soon?

Happy new year also to all!

Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:53 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Midi from ZooKeeper
Hello, I guess we all forgot to show how it is done since ( I was myself unsure) but remember now:

Your laptop, with ZooKeeper, plug in the usb fader control and hopefully it will install itself ( very unusual it does not), start the Critter/ Hopper engines and check that you are
connected on the Hipponet...if so, on Zookeeper ( laptop) go to "Settings" go "Host", choose the Laptop GUI ( not the critter), go components and add the midi2 component.
In Hipponet overwiew you will see your "laptop zookeeper" with the midi2 component and you use that one for adding pin and controls.

This will make your fader control get to work with your critter(s)

So in midi2, add pin, choose your critter and do as the normal procedure when adding faders to specific channels etc..

As you see, not all components are in the list for the "laptop", but midi and some others are.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:54 pm
Profile E-mail

This only works in 3.1 or also in 3.0.14??

yours sincerely
Berk Aarts

Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:07 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Hi, Im not really sure, but if you can find the laptop machine in hipponet overview, it will work. If you don´t find it there, try to open overview advanced and klick on laptop machine

Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:11 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi I see it, and can add the midi2, seems my behringer is not seen. It works on the same machine with MIDIOX and ableton, so it is putting out. Perhaps use an external midiport and then put the behringer thru the midi?? Dont think so, I'm gonna try that one, let you know if I got it working

Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:18 am
Profile E-mail

Hi I see it, and can add the midi2, seems my behringer is not seen. It works on the same machine with MIDIOX and ableton, so it is putting out. Perhaps use an external midiport and then put the behringer thru the midi?? Dont think so, I'm gonna try that one, let you know if I got it working

Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:18 am
Profile E-mail