It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:19 pm

Artnet basics, good to know 
Site Admin

Post Artnet basics, good to know
As standard Hippotizer can be controlled over Art-Net.
This is controlled using one of the two network ports on the back of the Hippotizer. Local Area Connection 2 on the back of the unit is used for DMX Control this should be set to an IP address of 2.0.0.?.

Local Area Connection 1 is utilized for HippoNet.

You can also control the Hippotizer with a DMX Tail. This consists of a DMX to USB connection.
Controlling Hippotizer uses around 455 channels of DMX. This will give you full control of all features on all _layer_s.
You can also use 4 channels to control pre-made timelines. This gives the user control over the whole Hippotizer using just 4 channels.
This is similar to the feature of recalling presets in version 2.

Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Artnet basics, good to know
Hello again

INFO:
If you are using Artnet on a GrandMA console with a MA net on the same network switch as the Artnet,(it is kind of hard not to since the desk only has one Network output) you might encounter a problem.
If you are using a older version of MA desk with a newly fitted 100MB network card you might have a problem every 6-12 hours, as you might understand very random...!Anyway when you are programing, the desk just freezes and nothing works, you have to restart or reset the desk and not even the old (disconnect the network cable trick works)!!!
What you need to do is to restart the session you are running between the MA desk and your NSP:s (or what ever other desk/laptop/ etc you are running MA net to) once every 3-6 hours. This is just the way things are.,I guess the hardware in these older desks is just not up for that kind of treatment.
I have a desk from last year with newer Hardware in it and have never had this problem, but try to remember saving a lot and not running the session for extensive periods of time without restarting it and you will be fine..

The artnet is a great function and I have run hundreds of shows with both ARTnet and MAnet in the same network without any problems, and I would prefer it to DMX dongle any day of the week.

Best regards

Morgan

Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:06 pm
Profile E-mail